- This event has passed.
Webinar on “Supply Chain Network Design”
April 11, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Supply chain Management (SCM) is a rapidly growing area of study and Network design is one of the fastest growing areas within SCM. It is easy to follow clear examples and useful exercises which would take you progressively from the concepts like Centre of area and Physics Centre of Gravity (COG) models to the distance – based Network design model. The more practical and realistic formulation of the problem is best solved by using linear and Integer programming techniques.
The above technique allows minimization of weighted average distance and picking up of best locations for facilities organisations can use for the distribution of their products throughout the country/region. The cost of the transportation is directly proportional to distance travelled and hence this model becomes the building block for further expansion of the model to include factors like Cost (variable and fixed), Service levels, Multilevel, Multistage, Capacities etc.
- Why Network Design?
- Why Centre of Area and Physics COG models for locations are not suitable for Supply chain?
- Difference between COG and Practical supply chain Network models
- Understanding problem formulation for minimizing total weighted average distance for locating best number of facilities (Plants/Warehouses) for meeting full demand of customers
- Burst out diagrams and comparison of the results of multiple locations to find out the most suitable one(s).
- Way forward – Design and simulate Supply Chain networks across Globe/Country.
Presenter: DR. RABINDRANATH BHATTACHARYA, ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, VGSOM, IIT KHARAGPUR.
Date: 11 April 2020 | Saturday| 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost: This webinar will be free of cost for ISM-INDIA Members & will cost Rs.500/- for Non-ISM Members.
- Format: 45 minutes presentation followed by 15 Minutes Question & Answer Session including Quiz.
- In addition, you can earn Continuing Education Hours (CEH’s) for CPSM Re-certification. Apply for CEH’s Certificate within 30 days.
- ISM Members will get preference.